This web site is translated and created by Yuuki Kitada, Mika Kishimoto, Kanako & Taku Tajiri, Kenichiro Mito, Masumi Saito, Yuki Hayasaki, Kay Williams, Marilyn Yuki, Shinobu Kadokura and TS.


The charity exibit is over.
Every day many people came and it was a great success.
Thank you very much!


7/22/2010

July 22, 2010 06:24 Day 7 at the hospital

It was the day for PET an examination to see if cancer is spreading across the body.
I was told to fast from the morning.
I was in the worst shape that day.
The painkiller I took in the morning didn't work at all. So the doctor finally decided to prescribe a medicine that contains marihuana.
"It should work well but you might feel a little dizzy" said the doctor. The nurse was give me a massage for a while until Masao-san showed up this morning.
At 11:30am I was called for the examination. They gave me a shot and I was resting for a while. They started PET exam after making sure the effect of the injection had reached across the body. But ever since I got the injection I felt I was in the worst shape.
Maybe because of this medicine I started feeling terrible nausea every time I tried to get up, so I had to use the stretcher the whole day that day to get around. I felt so terrible especially when I got up while my head was half-conscious.
There were 2 PET exams. I lay down for 30 minutes to get CT scanned, rested for a little while and then had a 30-minute CT scan again.
I was only lying down and half sleeping while PET exam was done.
Masao-san must have been shocked to see me half-conscious on the stretcher when I was leaving the exam room.

In the afternoon, my parents came out to hear about the result of the PET exam. I was still in a terrible shape at that time. I thought the test results would make my condition even worse, so I was resting until the very last moment. Called around 3pm to hear the test results. I could somehow manage to sit on a wheelchair to get there.
It turned out that it spread to the bone behind the pelvis and to the pelvic lymph nodes.
After the test report I was left alone in another room. "What is it? What's going on? Are they going to pronounce my remaining time to live only to my family?" I thought. But I was in so bad shape that I was unable to pursue my curiosity. After leaving the room I felt sick again, so I lay down a bit and they carried me on a stretcher.
Everybody came back from the meeting with the doctor. Their faces didn't seem so sad ...but I was too scared to ask them if it wasn't really a pronouncement of my time remaining. Tara-chan came by late afternoon. I talked to her about my anxieties and everything. I told her that I kept feeling nausea. She gave brisk instructions to the nurse and prescribed me a medicine that should stop nausea. And after that I felt better gradually. I could eat dinner in the evening.

They allowed me to be transferred to Okayama University Hospital on the 23rd. I'm in a bad shape sometimes but that doesn't mean that I don't want to see people. You are always welcome to come see me.
From today until I'm transferred to the other hospital I'm in a private room. Masao-san will be staying with me looking after me.
That makes me feel safe and secured at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment