This web site is translated and created by Yuuki Kitada, Mika Kishimoto, Kanako & Taku Tajiri, Kenichiro Mito, Masumi Saito, Yuki Hayasaki, Kay Williams, Marilyn Yuki, Shinobu Kadokura and TS.


The charity exibit is over.
Every day many people came and it was a great success.
Thank you very much!


11/15/2010

November 15, 2010 09:53 The reason why I disclosed my cancer

Being hospitalized I get to know many people who have cancer
Well, mostly people who are a lot older than I am, but some look like they are in their 40s.

All of them told me that they had disclosed their cancer only to their families and not to their neighbors and friends.  The lady who came by when I was having breakfast told her caller, probably her husband, “If you’re asked about me, tell them that I’m just lying down, feeling unwell.”

Everyone said that they didn’t tell because they didn’t want their acquaintances to be bothered by their illness.

In my case though, I thought that if I didn’t tell anybody, I would be caring too much for the people around me and not being able to concentrate on my treatments; so I disclosed it on the day I was told about my cancer. Of course, only to my close friends on Mixi (Japanese version of Facebook).

I had an event which I was the host and which many people had been involved, and nobody could replace me...canceling the event would cause problems for a lot of many people, so I had to tell them the reason.

There are people who tell me that disclosing my cancer meant that I was strong, but I don’t think so.  I couldn’t stop crying every time I told someone about my cancer…  my body and mind was all in tatters.  From the outside, it might seem that I had a lot of courage to speak about my cancer, but after being informed of my cancer, I was so weak that I needed to tell someone.  I couldn’t care that much about people around me…
And when I think about it now, I think the event was so shocking that I had to confess my illness because I really wanted someone to help me and support me.  “Help somebody!”  So many friends and family have supported me since then.

By disclosing my cancer, many people have visited me to Okayama and Fukuyama both far away places and I received many entertaining gifts.  So I have not felt lonely.  Many people have told me about cancer treatments and bouts with cancer.

And because of my cancer, 106 artists have gathered to organize this charity exhibition.

It’s been realized because I had disclosed my cancer, and many people had followed my wishes and supported me.
If I had only disclosed my cancer only to some people and it had become a rumor, everyone would have been overly sensitive to me and the charity event wouldn’t be held.

The charity started when one of my friends visited me in July and said “I want to do Potterin (Maro’s pottery work shop) in place Maro-chan”.  I was so happy that I cried at that moment.
After that this followed: “Everyone wants to do something for Maro-chan but every one is feeling the dilemma that they can’t do anything. It takes time to do pottery…so artists could sell their art, mommy friends who aren’t artists can buy the art and the proceeds can go to the medical bills.”

I gladly accepted the offer. Though I didn’t think it would become so big then.

To disclose the cancer or not is a personal choice, but I’m glad I disclosed it at an early stage.

Now I can smile and say “I have cancer but I’m feelin’ gooood!”

The charity will start on the 18th this week.  The exhibition is a collection of my dear friends at a place where I hold dear.  I’m proud of everyone.  I can’t go, but I imagine lots of people attending and being excited and being inspired by the art.  It should be an exhibition that will exceed just a charity event.  Please go and see.

1 comment:

  1. WHAT A GREAT MIRACLE THAT I HAVE EVER SEE IN MY LIFE. My names are Clara David I’m a citizen of USA, My younger sister was sicking of breast cancer and her name is Sandra David I and my family have taking her to all kind of hospital in USA still yet no good result. I decided to search for cancer cure so that was how I found a lady called Peter Lizzy. She was testifying to the world about the goodness of a herbal man who has the roots and herbs to cure all kinds of disease and the herbal man's email was there. So I decided to contact the herbal man @herbalist_dr_sakura for my younger sister's help to cure her breast cancer. I contacted him and told him my problem he told me that I should not worry that my sister cancer will be cure, he told me that there is a medicine that he is going to give me that I will cook it and give it to my sister to drink for one week, so I ask how can I receive the cure that I am in USA, he told me That I will pay for the delivery service. The courier service can transport it to me so he told me the amount I will pay, so my dad paid for the delivery fee. two days later I receive the cure from the courier service so I used it as the herbal man instructed me to, before the week complete my sister cancer was healed and it was like a dream to me not knowing that it was physical I and my family were very happy about the miracle of Doctor so my dad wanted to pay him 5 million us dollars the herbal man did not accept the offer from my dad, but I don't know why he didn't accept the offer, he only say that I should tell the world about him and his miracle he perform so am now here to tell the world about him if you or your relative is having any kind of disease that you can't get from the hospital please contact dr.sakuraspellalter@gmail.com or WhatsApp him +2348110114739 visit his website https://www.instagram.com/herbalist_sakura
    https://web.facebook.com/herbalistsakura/
    https://drsakurahealthclinic.wixsite.com/website
    https://sites.google.com/view/herbalistsakura
    https://drsakuraspellcentre.blogspot.com/
    https://drsakuraspellcentre.wordpress.com/ for the cure, he will help you out with the problem. And if you need more information about the doctor you can mail me davidclara223@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete