This web site is translated and created by Yuuki Kitada, Mika Kishimoto, Kanako & Taku Tajiri, Kenichiro Mito, Masumi Saito, Yuki Hayasaki, Kay Williams, Marilyn Yuki, Shinobu Kadokura and TS.


The charity exibit is over.
Every day many people came and it was a great success.
Thank you very much!


8/08/2010

August 8, 2010 20:59 Confession

The exact name of my cancer is adenocarcinoma.
There are several types of lung cancer and I have both small cell cancer and non-small cell cancer. And there are stages to cancer. Stage 1 and Stage 2 are levels at which excision is possible through surgery.  Stage 3 is inoperable but no metastasis is seen. Stage 4 is also inoperable and metastasis is seen to the brain and bones. There are more detailed levels but these are the 4 big categories.
My lung cancer is at Stage 4.
Stage 4 is also known as terminal cancer.
So that's why the nurse at Nihon University was crying.
According to the textbooks, patients with Stage 4 cancer have an estimated life of 1 year.  The 5 year survival rate is equal to or lower than 5%.
But I think terminal means that there are no ways to treat it. I just began my treatments.  My brain tumor was defeated.  We found a drug that should be effective for me.  I can't give up hope of living.  There are many people who outlive their prognosis of an estimated life.
Cancer is an opportunity that god gave to me.  I will live the life that I have been given as a second chance for life and cherish and value it.
Your prayers are being answered today too.  My body didn't ache and I was able to eat the meals fine.
Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment