This web site is translated and created by Yuuki Kitada, Mika Kishimoto, Kanako & Taku Tajiri, Kenichiro Mito, Masumi Saito, Yuki Hayasaki, Kay Williams, Marilyn Yuki, Shinobu Kadokura and TS.


The charity exibit is over.
Every day many people came and it was a great success.
Thank you very much!


7/07/2010

July 07, 2010 Successfully survived

Finally I am home. I am alive (exaggerated). If you can say the pain of birth is ranked 100, the toughness of the bronchoscopy is 100, as well.  It is the perfect example of torture.

I thought about how to describe this pain. (I was not so nervous.) Please try to imagine. You are in the sea with a weight on your legs or pushed into the water head down. You are suffering with little oxygen, fighting to be alive. You struggle this way for 15 minutes. Now you know my pain. Right?

Moreover, the doctor said, “Because you are young, your body reacts quickly to anesthesia.” So I coughed every time I got anesthesia and I could not fully cough and could not talk because he put the instrument in my throat and spread the trachea. So I tried to appeal with my hands:  “No! Doc! Impossible!!”  He just said, “I know it is painful. I will give you more anesthesia.”  I said in my mind, “Please don’t. It makes it worse.” It was sooo painful.  Because I was coughing a lot, the doctor said, “Don’t cough. You will not able to breathe,” and “Stop coughing. I know it is impossible.”  Anyway, somehow I am done.

If I had been able to talk during the test, I am pretty sure I would have shouted at the doctor, “Are you trying to kill me?”
And now, I have very, very sore throat. I was very hungry before the test. Now I can eat but have no wish to eat.

Once the tool was removed, I said to the doctor (with my best voice from my traumatized throat), “I thought I was going to die.” I will have the results in a week.

Next time I will try to write about the doctor who has a voice just like the actor Osamu Mukai, the guy who had the same test after me and the third patient who raged while having the endoscopy test.

No comments:

Post a Comment